Friday, January 27, 2012

Bald Eagles - day 1

I took today off and drove to Moline Il for the weekend for a seminar on photographing Bald Eagles. During the winter they fly south from northern Minnesota to winter in places along the Mississippi River where the dams and locks keep some of the river open so the eagles can fish. I got here early enough to see some eagles but of course I was so excited to see them I just grabbed my camera and started shooting without checking that all the settings were what I wanted, so most of the photos were really bad. I managed to clean up and sharpen a few of them enough to be somewhat presentable. Hopefully I learned a big lesson and will do much better tomorrow.


















S2K Days 2021

 The S2000 club of America gets together once a year and this year was in northern Michigan. Sleeping Bear sand dunes. The view of lake Mich...