Friday, August 10, 2012

Thunder over Michigan - part 1

I spent Sunday the 4th at Willow Run airport for the Thunder over Michigan airshow.


Before the airshow they had a WWII battle reenactment.


One thing you have to love about warbirds is the Nose Art.






They also had car show.




Pt-17 Sterman. My dad used to fly one of these back in the late 60's.
I had to look for a while but I found this, me at 12 years old on my dad's Sterman. I once threw up while flying in the front cockpit of this plane, what a mess.


AT-6 trainers flying in formation.




B-29 SuperFortress. This is supposed to be the only one of the thousands built that is still flying.


S2K Days 2021

 The S2000 club of America gets together once a year and this year was in northern Michigan. Sleeping Bear sand dunes. The view of lake Mich...