Sunday, March 2, 2014

The rest of China


Three Gorges Museum. It rained all day while I was touring the city.

The People's Great Hall. It was across the square from the Three Gorges Museum.






Everyone was very friendly there, especially the kids. I got the impression that most hadn't seen any foreigners, if you said to "Hi" to them in chinese they laughed and giggled. Maybe I was saying it wrong.



The mall next to my hotel, it was very upscale, as nice as any I've been to at home.

Near my hotel was a park with this fountain that had shows every night.





The park also had music every night, and people came out and exercised. It was something like a combination of Tai Chi and dancing.

Everywhere I've been in China there is KTV everywhere. I've been in one, but I hear KTV is a karaoke bar.

This one is hard to explain, it's a restaurant with a bathroom theme, all the seats are toilets, needless to say we didn't eat there.



I flew home through Beijing, this was 3pm in the afternoon, and that little dot is the sun. It was so hazy from pollution you could barely see the sun.

S2K Days 2021

 The S2000 club of America gets together once a year and this year was in northern Michigan. Sleeping Bear sand dunes. The view of lake Mich...