Monday, June 2, 2014

Indy Spring Classic

A couple of weekends ago I spent the day at the spring classic muscle car auction in Indianapolis. Instead of the usual car pics I went for something different and spent most of my time shooting emblems and hood ornaments, along with a few of the normal photos.

There were so many beautiful Corvettes of every year and model.


If I could have taken home one car, this would be it, too bad it cost more than what I spent building my house 20 years ago.


I'm think my next toy should have lots and lots of cylinders.





A nice collection of Corvette ZR1s, one of every year, would be fun to drive a different year every day of the week, as long as I'm dreaming.

My dad owned a 57 fuelie just like this one. He was working at the GM tech center, newly married and won a drawing to get the change to buy one. He couldn't pass it up even though he couldn't afford it. He drove it 9 months, never made a payment then sold it. More than 50 years later and we're still hearing stories of his time with this car.







a few more dolphins then head home

  My last view of San Diego before I sleep most of the way back to Florida. The sun starting to set as we returned to the pier. One of the s...