Sunday, August 28, 2011

Maui - swimming with the fishies

We took a snorkel trip one morning on a catamaran that was parked just off our beach. Right before we left for the trip I picked up a new waterproof point and shoot camera so I have photos and videos of snorkeling, if I can figure out how to post the videos I will.



Our boat pulling up on the beach to pick us up.
Our first stop was Molokini Crater, lots of coral and fish but it was a little rough and the water was stirred up which cut down on visibility.

Our second stop was a spot on the south shore of Maui to try to find turtles to swim with.



There were lots of various fish at Molokini Crater.

The most colorful coral was close to the shore but you had to be careful not to get too close since it was a little rough.








I couldn't explain this if I tried.

After a couple of stops to snorkel and a quick lunch, they put up the sails and we moved maybe a couple of hundred yards before they fired up the engines and took us back to the beach.



S2K Days 2021

 The S2000 club of America gets together once a year and this year was in northern Michigan. Sleeping Bear sand dunes. The view of lake Mich...