Saturday, March 15, 2025

NSXPO 2023 Atlanta

 Michigan to Atlanta is a straight shot on I-75 but that's not the fun way so I went through the Tail of the Dragon area then did the Georgia six-gap mountain roads.

Tail of the Dragon boat ramp, one of our standard spots to shot photos.
Cheoah Dam from the overlook on the Dragon, also known as "Fugitive" dam where they shot some scenes of the movie.
Met up with some friends at Hub 129 on the eastern end of the dragon.

Fontana dam.

 
Brasstown Bald is the top of the highest mountain in Georgia which within the six-gap area.

View from Brasstown Bald, looking northern I think. Looking south they say you can see Atlanta on a clear day, which this wasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RTD26 part three

  By day 2 our 4 cars had turned into 7. By Friday we finally made it to Fontana Village NC and met up with another 40ish cars. Our fall tri...