Friday, August 21, 2026

Whale watching

 We took a half day watching trip from San Diego harbor. Not spoil it, but we never saw any whales. We still really enjoyed it, lots to see, just not whales.

When I'm in wildlife mode, I'll take any wildlife I can find, even if they're not really that wild.

Downtown San Diego from the bay.
Naval Air Station North Island on Coronado.

Sea lions hanging out and relaxing on the navigation buoys.
Relaxing in the sun or maybe working on his tan?


Not a whale but a bottle nose dolphin. We did find a pod of dolphins and the captain did some figure 8s at throttle to make some wakes for them to play in. The next will be all dolphins, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

a few more dolphins then head home

  My last view of San Diego before I sleep most of the way back to Florida. The sun starting to set as we returned to the pier. One of the s...