Monday, September 22, 2025

Voyageurs National Park

 Voyageurs National Park is mostly water, there are a few roads but not much to see from the shore. We did take a few short hikes into the forest then decided to rent a pontoon boat and guide to spend a day touring the park from the water.


The official park sign you can only see from the water.



 

Once on the water the first wildlife we spotted were a pair loons.


Moose was on my list to animals to photograph and I took this just as a backup in case we never saw any. It turned into a running joke and we looked for moose everywhere and never did see any.

I believe this is a vulture. There were a pair circling our boat but doing a good job of hiding in the tree whenever I tried to photograph them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Six Mile Slough

  This otter was very camera shy and very fast. He swam around the pond and boardwalk eating fish but somehow always managed to be behind tr...